Videogames See Social Networks As Growth Engine
for those wondering when the videogame industry will enter its next console cycle, some argue that the new cycle has already started, with social networks as the next big opportunity.
such was apparent this week at the Game Developers’ Conference in San Francisco, an annual gathering of videogame designers and publishers. while the event saw some big developments among traditional gaming–most notably, Sony’s (SNE, 6758.TO )new motion-control system–a big theme running through the event was the rapid growth of social networking and the related opportunity for game makers.
the opportunity is big indeed. the largest social-network site, Facebook, alone has …
- Futurity.org – Cell phone designers should think trash
- Johnny Holland – It's all about interaction » Blog Archive » Designers, meet Agile
- Rick Owens | Rick Owens American Fashion Designer | Council of Fashion Designers of America Perry Ellis Emerging Talent Award | Michele Lamy | Les Deux Cafés | General | Buzzingstock | Stock Market Recommendations | BSE NSE
- Mobile game makers: Windows vs. OS X is over, Android vs. iPhone has just begun | VentureBeat
- 2010 Game Developers Conference Brings Together All-Time Record of 18,250 Video Game Industry Professionals
- OhGizmo! » Archive » GDC: Sony PlayStation Move Motion Control System
- Will motion control actually succed on the Ps3? Sony seems to think so | Video Game Blog, Video Game Reviews, Video Game News
- How Sony and Microsoft Hope To Crack the Motion Control Market | Linux Plus
- Possible Intel in New Motion Comic? «
- Camping Tent Alarm Motion Detector Emergency Gear NEW!! « claycorner